FOR SALE BRIVIBAS 33, RIGA, LATVIA
2 482.00 sq. m.
Put into operation from 1912
Commercial Real Estate Advisor
Phone: +371 29228278
For sale the building in the centre of Riga. The building was designed by the renowned architect Eugene Laube and was built in 1912 for the needs of the credit society of merchants and workers. In addition, the building housed a telegraph and telephone museum. The upper part of the façade of the building is decorated with dark plaster, the lower part is polished labradorite. The main staircase is made of oak panels. The combination of modernity and Art Nouveau architecture has made the building a unique piece of urban planning. The building is landmark of the capital of Latvia. Currently, the premises on the ground floor are used as retail space, the rest floors – for offices. There is a development in the architectural concept of using the first floor and part of the basement as commercial space. Taking into account the availability of the necessary communications, the upper levels of the building can be redesigned and used as hotel rooms. HISTORY The former bank building of the Riga Trade Union of Traders and Industrialists, built in 1912 by architect Eižens Laube. At the beginning of the 18th century there was a wooden building on the site of this house. The composer Richard Wagner lived at the time, at that time a conductor at the Riga City theatre. R. Wagner “inhabited the upper floor of a two-storey wooden building on the later corner of Brīvības and Dzirnavu streets, staying there until the summer of 1839, when he left Riga forever. Now this building can only be seen in a photograph. At the end of the 1920s and the beginning of the 1930s, a journalist, editor of several press publications, publicist Jānis Porietis lived in this house, in the first half of the 1930s – a journalist and editor, a former commander of the Imanta regiment Kiršbergs. From 1912. until 1940 The house housed the Riga Credit Union of Traders and Industrialists, and in the second half of the 1920s also the Peter Volunteer Firefighters Association and its club (later on Elizabetes Street / 95 /). In the 1920s and 1930s, the house housed the 1st class restaurant “Trokadero” (later “Maxim”, owner A. Ouns, later HE Lucs), furnished rooms “Austriņ pansija”, hairdresser “M-me Ženny”, Emilija Smilgas, later Karlīne Krastiņa cosmetic office and several shops, t. sk. “De Luxe” confectionery house, fashion, wine, colonial and fruit shops. Until the early 1960s, the main telegraph of Riga operated there From 2002 Lattelekom Museum.